Monday, June 15, 2009

A good book is all you ever need.

I have always been a nerd. I am not afraid to admit that. I have always worked hard for good grades and always try to out do myself. I have always loved school and learning. I took summer school for fun and to get a head start on my year ahead. I know, I know, I was that kid. I would never let anyone see how much I loved school or learning... It wasn't what the "cool" kids did 
( I was never cool anyway) ha ha. 

I have found that even after I left college I still have a passion for reading and learning. In fact I have decided to go back to school. ( Gasp!!) I know who goes back to school when they already did 17 years worth of schooling? Well that would be me! 

In the Fall I will be back in a university classroom taking 19 units of Early Childhood Education classes. Something I am very, very passionate about. I have always had a passion for working with little ones. From the age of 12 I had a family who asked me to babysit and I did babysit for this family for almost 10 years. I had heaps of baby-sitting gigs and I loved it. I have loved watching the little ones grow. Most of them are hitting High-school now and I still have the passion to keep working with little ones. I am very excited to get back into a learning environment. 

Even though I have a BS in Animal Science and Agriculture Education I find that I want something different. I have never been good at settling. I never settle for second best. So this fall I will again hit the books and really do my best to try something new. 

I booked my flights today to go see my family in Washington for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to spend that week with them. This will be my third time to Washington this year. That must be a record for me! 

My cousin Michelle has two beautiful little ones who I adore, Hailee and Henry. My cousin Jimmy is expecting a little girl on December 10th! Our family is in baby mode! Farmer boy and I are waiting to start a family till we have our future a little more planned out. 

I haven't seen my Mom or Dad in a couple of months. It's been a tough year for my family again. I have run out of answers. I have gotten used to the fact that I can get lost in a book and no one can bother me there. I can't hide forever, it does feel like that's what I tend to do. I hide from their problems. I think I have been dealing with "their" problems for the last 25 years. It's tough. Im still having a hard time. I know time heals all things. Give me a decade and ask me again. 


Random photos of the day- Enjoy

photography Pictures, Images and Photos

Photography Pictures, Images and Photos






Inspirational Quote for Your Day 
of June 15th, 2009
 
"Optimism: A cheerful frame of mind that enables 
a tea kettle to sing though in hot water up to its nose." 
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment