Friday, June 5, 2009

Woah! When did winter arrive???

Ok so living in the Southern Hemisphere will never be easy. It is the start of June and being from Bakersfield i expect this month to be the month of heat and lake trips and bbqs. I am sitting in our Uber Modern  old farm house and it is FREEZING. Not just cold. but bone Chilling cold. Our fire place has smoked it's last fire. We are waiting on the landlords to put in central heating and well it is not happening fast enough. There is only a few good things about winter here in New Zealand. 

  1. Amazing Snowboarding when everyone in America is sweltering 
  2. There are no cows milking on our farm
  3. I have the MOST amazing heat blanket on our bed.
     4. I GET TO SLEEP IN!!!!   No more 5am mornings.    

So as I wait for June 20th to roll around (opening day at Mount Ruapehu)  I read my books and try to stay as warm as possible. I don't think this is something I will ever get used to. I miss December being the cold month. Not June. I do not like having a hot christmas... it makes no sense to this little mind of mine.

I have plans to do some more schooling soon for some Early Childhood Education classes. My Bachelors of  Science in Agriculture Education is really no good here so on to bigger and better things.   

Here is a random email I was sent today... It made my day.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
Insanity is my only means of relaxation.

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets.

Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.Perhaps you know why women over fifty don't have babies; they would put them down somewhere and forget where they left them.

One of life's mysteries is how a two pound box of candy can make you gain five pounds.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will live forever.

It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

photography. Pictures, Images and Photos

If you can remain calm, you just don't have all the facts. Stress reducer; Put a bag on your head. Mark it "closed for remodeling". *Caution - leave air holes.

crying Pictures, Images and Photos


I finally got my head together, and my body fell apart.

There cannot be a crisis this week; my schedule is already full.


The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment